Welcome Guest - Please login or Register

Author Topic: Strange day in SA  (Read 2422 times)

Bazzdude

Re: Strange day in SA
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2010, 04:42:45 PM »
I actually played the lottery yesterday for the first time in about 2 years

didn't win  ;D

Football got the right winners - Holland didn't deserve anything from that match

I've grown up watching Dutch greats like Cruyff, Krol. Neeskins, Gullit, van Basten and many more - none of them ever resorted to those kind of dirty tactics

Actually felt sorry for the ref - he was put under enormous pressure - tried to do the right thing for the sake of football but he could and should have sent off a few more

well done Spain

Offline tjh4384

• Muppet Trainer
  • politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2010, 05:44:17 PM »
I actually played the lottery yesterday for the first time in about 2 years

didn't win  ;D

Football got the right winners - Holland didn't deserve anything from that match

I've grown up watching Dutch greats like Cruyff, Krol. Neeskins, Gullit, van Basten and many more - none of them ever resorted to those kind of dirty tactics

Actually felt sorry for the ref - he was put under enormous pressure - tried to do the right thing for the sake of football but he could and should have sent off a few more

well done Spain

Well done on the prediction Max! Though if not for some very good keeping there could have
been several more goals

It would have been an absolute travesty if the Dutch had won, that was painful to watch, seemed obvious to me
that those were the planned tactics from the outset, and it took away a great deal from the Match  >:(

The worst part for the ref is that he missed that Corner kick at end of game so there will be all kinds of sniveling
going on "WAH if we would have had the corner we might have tied it"
Well, if he had thrown De Jong out, as so richly deserved, it would have ended in regulation time  8)

Props to Spain for working so hard to play the game the right way

Offline nicenotnaughty

• Spruce
  • If life gives you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2010, 02:30:41 PM »
I was really mad at the way the Dutch played.  They had bad YU YU coming (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) as they played soooo dirty. There should have been a red card!!!!!

geemonster

« Reply #183 on: July 12, 2010, 02:34:50 PM »
I was really mad at the way the Dutch played.  They had bad YU YU coming (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil) as they played soooo dirty. There should have been a red card!!!!!

Try at least 3 red cards.  ;D

Offline nicenotnaughty

• Spruce
  • If life gives you lemons ask for tequila and salt!
« Reply #184 on: July 12, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
I mean the guy got kick in the chest with cleats with no ball in sight.  That was a RED ONE,  not a yellow one.  It was on purpose, the other ones were not that obvious (NOT REALLY BUT) , but that one screamed RED.

Offline harley

• Peace, Love, Strobe Lights
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia
  • thats some bad hat harry
    • The Recipes of Twitter friends
« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
Well since I know bupkis about " football " let me just say
" Congratulations Spain ", to the winner goes the spoils.

geemonster

« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »
I mean the guy got kick in the chest with cleats with no ball in sight.  That was a RED ONE,  not a yellow one.  It was on purpose, the other ones were not that obvious (NOT REALLY BUT) , but that one screamed RED.

Yep!  I concur on that one.