Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

my Sister/Nephew (Read 32635 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
more bad news hits. my Sister went into labor this morning at 26 weeks and gave birth to my nephew "Sam" Samuel Alexander Doyle Carson, weight 2.7 pounds. baby was medivacked by helicopter to the Childrens Hospital in another Province, my sister following a few hours later by ambulance. right now the baby is stable, good heart beat, big for his age (their usually around 1 1/2 pounds). not much i can do but pray. i did get out there fast enough to see him before they flew him out. not much else i can tell you right now, it's a waiting game.

• Bazzdude

Shit man - hope little Sam pulls through - 26 weeks is early but he's a good size considering, which is great

Good luck to everyone  :)

• tjh4384

Hospitals do incredible work with little ones now

Our thoughts and prayers will be with all of you Townie

Tim

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Re: my Sister/Nephew
Reply #3: August 03, 2010, 04:59:21 PM Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:02:26 PM by townie2
thanks guys, your support means a lot to me  :)
I'll keep you updated. my sister should be getting there anytime now, it's a 4 1/2 hour drive, and my brother in law shortly behind in their car, he had to rush home first to pack some stuff.

• geemonster

Congrats townie!  :)
Modern medicine is pretty damn good these days,50 or so years ago,the baby wouldn't have had much of a chance.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
thanks Gee, but it's still very touch and go. the Children's hospital was full, so he's gone to an alternate in yet again another province, but it is supposed to be just as well equipped for neo natal. he's sedated to conserve his strength, and on a ventilator, plus lot's of IV's, but he cried at birth and moved everything (legs, hands, toes, etc.). my nephew just phoned (babies brother) and said my sister's ambulance just arrived at the hospital, so I'll hopefully know more soon.

• geemonster

May he live long and prosper. :)

• Bazzdude

He's a Canuck - not a bloody Vulcan  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
never know, the little guy had a full head of hair and dark eyebrows  :)

• Bazzdude

Klingon  ;)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
the things that stick to your butt after a crap?  ;D

• Bazzdude

man - I set you up and you come back with the expected punchline  ;D

shouldn't be joking though - but it shows we are all 100% confident he'll be fine  :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
yeah, i need it. stressing out. i also have an Aunt dying, and i start back to work Monday, hot labor work with an asshole boss, and a crew that doesn't get along.

• Bazzdude

you need some good news  :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
that's for sure  :D . i have lost 22 pounds the last couple of months, but also not sleeping, and pretty well chain smoking  :-\   :D

• Bazzdude

i have lost 22 pounds the last couple of months

me too (almost)

The good news is that Sam will be the next little one adopted by The Den  8)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
that's a nice thought  :)

• geemonster

He's a Canuck - not a bloody Vulcan  ;D

:D :D

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
good luck and Goddess Bless

things will be ok

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Best Wishes for him. They do have fantastic medicine for little ones these days.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P