Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Clara Listensprechen checking in (Read 3414 times)

• Clara Listensprechen

Clara Listensprechen checking in
Came in from the SMF Community board by clicking on the link in busterone's signature. It seems there's somebody else we both know on this board, and let's just say it's grivitational.  >:D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Re: Clara Listensprechen checking in
Hello Clara welcome to the board

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
We have an intro board again. Hey Clara.   :)
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

Hi Clara. :)

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Hello. Welcome to the Mad House we call our online home away from home. Good job on following the bread crumbs Busterone left out.

• Clara Listensprechen

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.  And thanks for the fave game adds, too, busterone.  Glad to be here!  :Woot_Emoticon:

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Welcome Clara to the Den. :)

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• Clara Listensprechen

Thank you very much! By the looks of it, you've had some experience with grivitation, ha.  :039:

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Yes and couldn't understand a bit of it.

• Clara Listensprechen

I think I'm getting a handle on it though. He needs his Toogrian language translated into English--it's too metaphoric, but via the metaphors, I think I'm getting the picture.  What he seems to be after is trackback capability, and grivitation is an illustration of what he's looking to do in board code.

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Gri is extremely intelligent, although, as you said by PM, his grasp of English is still weak in some areas. I thought that what he was looking to do is pretty close to what you said. I saw it as a sort of direct line of communication between multiple forums, but couldn't grasp exactly how he was attempting to implement it.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• Clara Listensprechen

Reply #11: March 09, 2011, 04:13:01 PM Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:17:31 PM by Clara Listensprechen
Gri is extremely intelligent, although, as you said by PM, his grasp of English is still weak in some areas. I thought that what he was looking to do is pretty close to what you said. I saw it as a sort of direct line of communication between multiple forums, but couldn't grasp exactly how he was attempting to implement it.

Or (biggest question) WHY.  However, in my own effort to chase down the prototype code he repeatedly refers to, I encountered numerous inactive links and several twists and turns (and yes, frustration that was quite daunting) but it's that very exercise that illustrated the value of having the ability to trackback without taking the wrong turns.  We've got about 5 different discussions going on http://smf-friends.org/index.php?board=1.0 but it's the exercise that tells me all of these are going in the same direction, and that's toward code which makes that process easier.  Yeah, even the Crossroads topic where he asks me about various Rules of the Road...wherein it finally dawned on me that what he meant by "crossroads" was "intersections"....which leads us to navigation, generally speaking.

It's a stretch, but when you read Gri in terms of metaphors for something else, drawing up mental pictures of his metaphors have caused us to arrive at English usage of appropriate synonyms in order to more accurately arrive at the point he's talking about.  And then looking at his board and his grivitation exercises as simply illustrations; it's like a Russian speaker trying to convey to an English speaker using gestures and pictures in addition to what he realizes is his limited command of English words (synonyms in particular; AngloRuss hybrid words in addition).

I'm convinced that what he's after is trackback navigation capability.

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
You just may be spot on.  :)
I have to admit, you obviously have more patience and concentration ability with his posts than most, even myself included. I got headaches trying to follow his posts sometimes.  :)

I'll get my coat now.

And, hello Clara.
Looks like I missed the postcount summer sale...

• Clara Listensprechen

LOLz.  Hiya, smokester! No big hurry.  :039:

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Hey Smokes, how's it going?  :)

• Clara Listensprechen

You just may be spot on.  :)
I have to admit, you obviously have more patience and concentration ability with his posts than most, even myself included. I got headaches trying to follow his posts sometimes.  :)
Heh. I'm not sure it's so much concentration as it is a matter of translation. He does get quite colorful with his made-up words but he is attempting to convey something (as opposed to Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwoky", as it were). What he can't describe in words, he illustrates so that you can "see" what he means, it seems.

.....now I just hope to heaven I'm correct...  ;D

Hey Smokes, how's it going?  :)

Yo Buster.

Things are pretty good but I am really beginning to feel my age, or even yours :)

Kidding aside, the site looks good and I think I have broken the arcade pool you have here, either that or I've worn the baize out.

P.S, scratch that "kidding aside" comment..
Looks like I missed the postcount summer sale...

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
We are still very young men. At least I am. I am just 52 years young. Considering that I plan on going to 150 or so, I'd say that I am still in my prime.  ;D

• Hillbilly Deluxe
  • Some things go bump in the night, others fall down
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Update
    • Male
Cool, new shoes.

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
And I really didn't understand that either.

Maybe if I stay up for 72 hours straight I might understand better.

• Clara Listensprechen

What's to understand about cool shoes?

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
I have been using my Crackberry to view the Den last week or so. The mobile version is nice, but it doesn't show pics or emotioncons. So things don't always translate well.

And as for cool shoes, talk to the wife. She has more shoes then some shoe stores. All I care about is if they are comfy and have non-slip soles. :)

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Reply #23: March 10, 2011, 01:17:14 PM Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 01:24:00 PM by busterone™
I split my post off to a new topic about mobile phone forum access to here-
http://www.thedemonsden.com/index.php?topic=10637.0