Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Guten Morgen! ;) (Read 4642 times)

• hjoe

Hi Guys...

Good ol' aelthric got me out of my forum retirement, so you'll be seeing me here from time to time. 

I started on demonoid around 2002 and have been a mac mod (later torrent mod) for a few years and I met quite a few good people there. Some of them (including my good friend aelthric) always tried to keep my mood up, when my wife got ill and passed away early 2004.

A lot changed after the deimos / umlauf change and personal life took it's toll, so I retired as a mod and have been just a connoisseur of the demonoid goods.

Anyway... to be honest... after all those years I'm a bit sad to see demonoid go that way...
but hey... so is life... somedays one wins something, somedays one looses something.

Greetings from Germany,

hjoe

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
hi hjoe  :039:
as one of many 'noid veterans here, i remember you well, besides, any friend of Aelthric's........ ;D
Welcome to The Den  :)

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
I do remember you as well.  It is good to see you are out of forum retirement.  :)
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Welcome to the den hjoe. :)

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Greetings Program

we are all refugees from a Demonoid Crash

we are a nice small group without all the rifraff that plagued the Demonoid boards

• drago6650

hi hjoe  :039:
as one of many 'noid veterans here, i remember you well, besides, any friend of Aelthric's........ ;D
Welcome to The Den  :)

:iagree: Welcome

• Old Friends
  • Still a Miserable Old Bastard
  • Shrubbery
    • Technogrammaton
Guten Tag hjoe old mate good to see you here my friend ;)

I still have to get some of that home made rum to you sometime ;)
         In memory of SuperPeach          

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
You could ship some of that here to the States as well.   :D
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• Bazzdude

Home made?

So it's Pirate Rum  ;D

• drago6650

Captain Morgan.... :)

• Old Friends
  • Shrubbery
    • Technogrammaton
Home made?

So it's Pirate Rum  ;D

Yarrrrrrr or at least "Contraband" ;D

You could ship some of that here to the States as well.   :D

Funny story (Or not) I tried to send some HP sauce over to my friend Hittz over in the States, the post office told me I had to contact the American Consulate to obtain some sort of license to send a "Liquid" by air mail and when I rang to find out more the American Consulate said to send one bottle of HP sauce I had to get an export / import license that would cost thousands....  :o

:(

Fucking jobsworths at the Royal Post and the American Consulate  ::)

Captain Morgan.... :)

Oh I think I can do better than that, this is 60% Alc (120° Proof) and will be much tastier ;D
         In memory of SuperPeach          

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
they don't have HP Sauce in the U.S.? barbarians!  :o ;D

• Bazzdude

Heathens!!

I did post a link somewhere a few weeks ago for a company that sends out stuff like HP, Marmite,  Twiglets etc to ex pats

Can't remember where now

• tjh4384

It can be gotten on Amazon here in US, and it is available in Publix supermarket in Fla from what I read

I've never tried it, but some posts I saw said it was less sharp, milder version of A1.

• drago6650

@aelthric

My favourite Rum is Woods 100%, there was one Christmas where I came close to murder, when I found my wife using my Woods rum to make rum sauce.... >:(

• Old Friends
  • Shrubbery
    • Technogrammaton
It can be gotten on Amazon here in US, and it is available in Publix supermarket in Fla from what I read

I've never tried it, but some posts I saw said it was less sharp, milder version of A1.

I have never tasted A1 sauce but I know HP is more a fruit and spice based condiment that goes with almost anything especially good on bacon sandwiches or with a good old British Fry up ;D

I got round it eventually by sending Hittz a recipe for it and after he made a batch up he loved it ;D

@aelthric

My favourite Rum is Woods 100%, there was one Christmas where I came close to murder, when I found my wife using my Woods rum to make rum sauce.... >:(

SACRILEGE I hope you educated her about that fine beverage although personally I prefer Pussers the proper Navy Rum which is just as strong but is really smooth with some interesting after notes ;D

My rum will be smoothed with a little honey and a few other secret ingredients just to take away that "Grab you by the throat" reaction that woods 100 tends to have.... ;D
         In memory of SuperPeach          

• tjh4384

I have never tasted A1 sauce but I know HP is more a fruit and spice based condiment that goes with almost anything especially good on bacon sandwiches or with a good old British Fry up ;D

I got round it eventually by sending Hittz a recipe for it and after he made a batch up he loved it ;D

A1 very vinegary, the HP sounds like very nice sauce, also sounds like it would be very good base for
making nice BBQ sauce as well,  I will definitely see if I can find it, if it is available through merchandisers here in US
as it would appear to be I'll ask our grocers to stock it, the store is very good about doing that.

• Bazzdude

HP very nice Tim - you'd like it  :great:

• drago6650

I agree, you can keep your tomato ketchup....ugh....when she was younger my daughter had it on everything....fillet steak and tomato ketchup.... :(....I slowly educated her to pepper sauce, diane, red wine sauce..... :)

• drago6650

Quote  aelthric "SACRILEGE I hope you educated her about that fine beverage although personally I prefer Pussers the proper Navy Rum which is just as strong but is really smooth with some interesting after notes ;D

My rum will be smoothed with a little honey and a few other secret ingredients just to take away that "Grab you by the throat" reaction that woods 100 tends to have.."

A piece of two by two helps to concentrate the mind..... >:D

Your rum sounds fantastic, I once distilled some Calvados many years ago....Rocket Fuel