Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Who's on Line (Read 912 times)

• drago6650

Just recently I have taken to checking what guests are looking at when they check out the forum, just recently a lot have come up with this message, Registering for an account on the forum. none of which do are they spammers still trying to get in and being blocked... ???

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
i've wondered a few times how a user is "hidden". sometimes you will see something like "3 members, 5 guests, 1 hidden"?

• drago6650

Apparently it is a function mods can use

Come out Buster we know you are there..... :)

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Just recently I have taken to checking what guests are looking at when they check out the forum, just recently a lot have come up with this message, Registering for an account on the forum. none of which do are they spammers still trying to get in and being blocked... ???
Yep, they are the bots that the anti spam mods or the registration questions stop. The httpBl mod connected to Project HoneyPot usually catches them first, taking them to a warning page with a set of questions they have to answer to continue to the forum.  Most of them stop dead at that point. 

The ones that were getting in a few weeks ago have been slammed too. The new registration questions stumped them. I figured out that a human Russian spammer had gotten the answers right and successfully registered. He then communicated the answers to the botmasters. The rest of them were bots. I am going to rotate the questions regularly, so the poor little Russian and Ukrainian bots can scream discrimination.  >:D

i've wondered a few times how a user is "hidden". sometimes you will see something like "3 members, 5 guests, 1 hidden"?
Yep, admins have the ability to hide their online status. I hid mine back during the spammer onslaught for awhile. I am back on visible now. The only other one that used it quite often was harley. She usually always had it set to hide.  :)

That pic looks like my ole hound after he raids my liquor cabinet.   ;D
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
I use to hide, cause I could... :)

• drago6650

We seek him here, we seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That damned, elusive Pimpernel ........ :)