Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Phone Apps. (Read 3439 times)

• drago6650

Just recalled another handy app that we use fairly often; the <insert financial institution here> app that allows me to transfer between accounts, pay a bill, and check balances on the go.

That does sound useful, I do all my banking online, will check it out

+ your job and your faith (Kayos).
there's an app which turns my phone into a remote control for my WD Live media player which has more functions than the actual remote that come with it, and it uses the touch screen. i plan on getting/trying it soon (just recently got the player).

I have something just like that, it's called a hand.... :)

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Thanks folks, I was meaning that I dont really do much. I just go to work and go to Church. No social life what so ever to speak of. Thats what I was meaning more about the "I have no life" part. I do more social interaction online then in real life.

Townie let me know what you think about the WD player. Which one? I am planning on getting the WD TV Live model. The small one with no internal drive. I was looking at the Android app also.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
That does sound useful, I do all my banking online, will check it out

I have something just like that, it's called a hand.... :)

* snort  caveman   ;D

Kayos, i've just set it up (quite easy to do) and gave it a trial run streaming the last episode of Supernatural from my desktop computer, and it worked flawlessly, great colour, picture, no freeze ups, etc. coming from a Patriot Box Office, i find this better, plus it plays virtually all file types, and also plays hi def. i bought a refurb from this guy after reading reviews on him on another forum, still comes with 6 month manufacturer warranty (+ free shipping to the U.S. and Canada) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-WD-TV-Live-Plus-built-in-WI-FI-Streaming-HD-Media-Player-1080P-/230802447313?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item35bce5dbd1 . if you order it now you should have it for Christmas  :)

• drago6650

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
thanks Townie, call me picky but I steer clear of refurbs. I didnt know that it streamed from your home PC.

its on the top of my Christmas wish list

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
* snort  caveman   ;D

Kayos, i've just set it up (quite easy to do) and gave it a trial run streaming the last episode of Supernatural from my desktop computer, and it worked flawlessly, great colour, picture, no freeze ups, etc. coming from a Patriot Box Office, i find this better, plus it plays virtually all file types, and also plays hi def. i bought a refurb from this guy after reading reviews on him on another forum, still comes with 6 month manufacturer warranty (+ free shipping to the U.S. and Canada) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-WD-TV-Live-Plus-built-in-WI-FI-Streaming-HD-Media-Player-1080P-/230802447313?pt=US_Internet_Media_Streamers&hash=item35bce5dbd1 . if you order it now you should have it for Christmas  :)

We have two of these they are great, especially the WiFi . :13:

Just plug in your hard drive too It has two USB ports.

They retail here at about AUS$110

We had  the plain one for quite a few years and when it died earlier this year I was devastated.

I couldn't get to the shop quick enough. ;D

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• drago6650

I wish you would stop posting things like this Townie, I can not resist getting new toys, just bought one......cheers mate I think ?.... :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
they're roughly $100 new here. i'm liking what i see so far, better wifi signal than my PBO, and plays pretty well everything. if you have a Netflix account and you live outside the U.S., you may be able to get U.S. Netflix by (quote from a Canadian forum) "Works like a charm on my wdtv live! Just had to change my dns settings to 190.014.036.090 in the set-up option" , this is the dna of a service that is free for streaming devices but charges for computer use, apparently works flawlessly (can't guarantee it works outside of Canada though), Netflix is pre-installed on the WD but you still need an account with Netflix, U.S. Netflix will accept your Canadian log in information, but it must show up as a U.S. IP (U.S. Netflix has a better variety, and posts new movies earlier).

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
I plan on getting one for the simple fact of it has an optical digital output. Better sound for my home theater.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
I purchase a WDTV Live Streaming media player last Christmas, nice little machine but the previous model (no longer available) was the one to get for customization. From WDTV forums there were some pretty cool ways to customize the early WD players, almost to the point of looking like a full HTPC with custom media center apps. Unfortunately, firmware for the newer models does not support the customization level, but there are still a few customizations for the live streaming models. I use the "MoJo" custom firmware.

I have it tied wireless into my network so I'm able to access my servers full content, Works nice in the bedroom and it has the Netflix app built in if you are a NF user.

Still no replacement for an HTPC, but works fairly well for the price.

• drago6650

I feel like I have just gone down the rabbit hole... when these techies start talking..... :)

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
dont feel too bad "Fluffy" lol...

I get confuzzled with all the proxie and VPN stuff at times.

I just know home theater and TV stuff.

• drago6650

fluffy  ..... :) :) :)

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
with the rabbit pic I couldnt resist.. lol.

• drago6650

Appeals to my warped sense of humour..... :)