Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Wadsworth the youtube ads away. (Read 2818 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Wadsworth the youtube ads away.
OP: April 10, 2013, 06:41:40 PM Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:51:26 PM by 8ullfrog
Spreading this message everywhere I can.

No clue who the fuck Wadsworth is, but they are awesome.

When you load up your youtube video, drop &wadsworth=1 after the url.

Example:
Taio Cruz - Hangover ft. Flo Rida

Only downside is it skips into the video about a minute so you have to drag it back.

I've been getting 1:20 (One Minute, Twenty Second) ads for the fucking lotto. I don't lotto, it's for stupid people.

THANK YOU WADSWORTH, WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE!

[Edit] {Apparently this doesn't work for everyone, apologies.}
Most people hold terrible views.  I think it's good to let them express them, in order to reveal who they truly are.

• drago6650

Re: Wadsworth the youtube ads away.
 :13: nice one

• Bazzdude

Looks like a nigga robbing a house to me  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Holy Shit.

It's Taio's house. Bobby Lee is playing his personal assistant. They get up to shenanigans around town, But Taio seems to be along for the ride on most of it.

At the end of the video there is a yacht on his balcony.

I used the video for illustrative purposes because VEVO is the worst offender when it comes to youtube advertising. They consider themselves apart from Youtube and as an independent venue due to the Ballbreaking negotiations "Content Holders" read "Record labels" forced Youtube into after the Viacom fiasco.
Most people hold terrible views.  I think it's good to let them express them, in order to reveal who they truly are.

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
florida !!!!!!! used to date brandy….  hey if you do another youtube demo again could you do beez in the trap by nikki mange ?

oh la la di da …

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
I can't stand Flo Rida. A lot of the songs he does I love the beat, but then he opens his mouth and I nope out of the video.

Here's another though.

La Roux - Bulletproof

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
love that song ! ^^

oh la la di da …

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
I'm not going to do more as it would just become yet another "what are you listening to", as that thread is going strong. I made this thread because the wadsworth trick blew my mind.

Apparently it's working for some people, but not everyone. I've been super pissed about the ads and I'm quite happy to find even a temporary respite.

• drago6650

What I need now is a fix for getting around the blocking of some videos

• Bazzdude

Are you getting censored?  >:D

• drago6650

On some of the youtube vids, there was a fix a few months back but no longer works

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
If it's "This video has been blocked because [SOME FUCKNUT] has blocked release to your country, you use a proxy to make it look like you're in LA or New York.

And vice versa if it's blocked in the US.

If the video has been pulled. which is happening a LOT lately, there isn't anything to be done but visit a different site. If you like a video, but think that it may be pulled, make a copy.

• drago6650

I have used the proxy sites but it is very time consuming, what I would prefer is a code to put in the URL

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Won't work, youtube checks your location before it serves the video. just fiddling with the URL won't change that.

• The New Black, Or Something
  • Alone With Lennon, Cobain, A Guitar, And A Stereo.
  • Spruce
    • Male
I'm surprised this is news to some of you  ???
Then again, I'm a geek.
This is a reference to The Wadsworth Constant.

The Wadsworth Constant is an axiom which states that the first 30% of any video can be skipped because it contains no worthwhile or interesting information.

I was sadly there for the birth of The Wadsworth Constant, because I have no life and spend all day on Reddit: an instructional video was posted and a redditor by the name of Wadsworth stated

For EVERY youtube video, I always open the video and then immediately punch the slider bar to about 30 percent. For example, in this video, it should have just started at :40. Everything before :40 was a waste. This holds true for nearly every video in the universe.

after which another redditor suggested that be known as "The Wadsworth Constant," and of course, the Youtube developers, being jokesters, added the feature you're now aware of.

Edit: to skip ads, adding something like "&t=1s" might do the job for you, while only skipping the first second of the video, instead of the first 30%.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
An explanation in thread. Awesome. Thank you Apparatus.

• drago6650

That was very informative... :great:

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male

the free version of Hotspot Shield may work, works in Canada for U.S. only sites like Hulu and Pandora: http://www.hotspotshield.com/en

• drago6650

Thanks guys I will give them a try

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Youtube decided I am in singapore, WTF

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
;D ;D ;D

• drago6650

I wish I was in Singapore the way the weather is here