Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

STOOPID AMAZON PAYMENTS.  (Read 3055 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
STOOPID AMAZON PAYMENTS.
OP: April 21, 2013, 12:34:12 AM Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:52:13 AM by 8ullfrog
So I've got a small balance on amazon, I usually use it for tax when I buy shit. I'll do some MTURK assignments, they average about five cents.

Today, Amazon was forced to notify me that the state of CA is attempting to send my balance to an unclaimed property office.

Supposedly I could just log in to amazon and reactivate my account. Instead, it's asking me to file taxes on FORTY FUCKING CENTS.

I use a throwaway password on amazon because their databases have been breached in the past. The thought that I would give them my social security number is fucking laughable.
Most people hold terrible views.  I think it's good to let them express them, in order to reveal who they truly are.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Re: Greedy fucking state.
lol!!! lean times for the Government in California, couple of hundred dollars in bureaucratic  costs for forty cents. careful they don't garnishee your wages or send you to debtor's prison 8ully  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Re: STOOPID AMAZON PAYMENTS.
Actually I was wrong. The money will be going to the state, but the Policy is that of Amazons.

in 2011, the IRS required Amazon to file a Form 1099-K for account holders who exceed $20,000 in unadjusted payments received and 200 transactions in a calendar year.

Amazon decided to take the scattershot approach and require ALL payment account holders to supply tax information.

Amazon has not had the best track record for data security, so I'll be losing my balance, which I have been corrected on.

It's Forty-Seven cents. MASSIVE DISPARITY THROUGH SECOND GRADE ROUNDING.

I will be editing the thread title for accuracy.
Most people hold terrible views.  I think it's good to let them express them, in order to reveal who they truly are.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
the clowns, hell'uva lot of work for 47 cents.

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Clowns indeed. They took their lessons from the Federal gov.  That sounds like some of the stooopid IRS shit I have read about. The IRS trained Amazon it appears.  ;D
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• drago6650

In the UK the Tax is already added to the product.....VAT.....value added tax, yet another crap idea to come out of EEC

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
The thing is, if you're making over $20k a year off amazon, you DO need to declare that on your taxes in the US, Amazon just decided to go scatter-shot on the policy.

I thought the first response from amazon was fairly thought out, but when I asked if I could close the account without entering my social security number, they just repeated the first response.

• Bazzdude

In the UK the Tax is already added to the product.....VAT.....value added tax, yet another crap idea to come out of EEC

And in the case of petrol we are taxed twice

Fuel Duty added then VAT - robbing bastards

• drago6650

It's just like your savings, you are Taxed on your wages, then on the interest on your savings......then when you try to buy anything with your savings you are taxed again...... :(

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
talk about a scam, every time a car is sold or resold here you have to pay tax on it, so if a car is sold six times during its life span, tax is paid on it six times.

• drago6650

Governments have you by the short and curly s when it comes to taxes.........unless you are a millionaire, a politician or Asian

• Bazzdude

It's just like your savings, you are Taxed on your wages, then on the interest on your savings......then when you try to buy anything with your savings you are taxed again...... :(

And people vote for these people that make those rules - people who have their millions in assets in offshore tax havens  ::)

• drago6650

Which haven is yours in Max.............. :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
In the actual law side of things I'm actually in the clear, Neither the IRS or the state of California are after my forty-seven cents. It's Amazon trying to strongarm me into providing my social security number.

Now, if I were an ACTUAL Amazon seller, I'd be over a barrel.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
probably a blanket policy to prevent money laundering, fencing stolen goods, etc., but they overlooked the innocent little guy.

• Bazzdude

Which haven is yours in Max.............. :)

The one on the SyFy channel -- protected by Eric Balfour's chin

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
Townie, did you see the email I posted? The law says you're fine if you're under twenty-thousand dollars, or 200 transactions. I might do five transactions in an entire year.

Amazon is just being an asshole about this.

• drago6650

The one on the SyFy channel -- protected by Eric Balfour's chin

Can not get my head around that one

• Bazzdude

Can not get my head around that one

Watched the first couple of series and thought they were pretty good - series 3 on the way now  :13:

• drago6650

Just watched a few out of sequence though

• Bazzdude

Just watched a few out of sequence though

Not a good idea  ;D

Like most things like that has a background storyline that runs the whole series

• drago6650

I get bored very easily with series......may try going back and watch again

• Bazzdude

I get bored very easily with series......may try going back and watch again

give it a go  :)

• drago6650

What series are you watching at the moment

• Bazzdude

What series are you watching at the moment

Alternating between Touch of Frost and Cold Case and last one was The Deep with Jimmy Nesbitt  :great:

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Townie, did you see the email I posted? The law says you're fine if you're under twenty-thousand dollars, or 200 transactions. I might do five transactions in an entire year.

Amazon is just being an asshole about this.
quickly scanned it, if you were a business that had or could afford lawyers they wouldn't say a word. sounds like Amazon is on a power trip.

• drago6650

Alternating between Touch of Frost and Cold Case and last one was The Deep with Jimmy Nesbitt  :great:

Touch of Frost.....not my cup of tea