Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Hi from CADguru (Read 3336 times)

I visited Demonoid's IRC channel (first time) because a feeling of "I kinda miss the community" has grown over the many months Demonoid is down. Had a chat with DvsDmn and Brickbatz and one of Brick's suggestions was to come here.

So, mostly I registered to say a hi.

Hi to all members here and a special hi to the old community!

That's it for now.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Hey CAD, nice to see you!  :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
there's a nic i haven't seen in a long time. hi CAD  :039:

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Welcome!   :039:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Greetings Program.

welcome to our little slice of crazy that is our stubborn plot to keep the spirit of the 'good ole days' from the D alive

• Bazzdude

:051bye:

So, there is some of D's spirit here!

One very regular face I remember from D forum that I don't see here is ajones(?).
And where is the building/upgrading section?  >:D  :D :D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
you're still a newb here  >:D ;D  , some sections are still closed to you yet, start post-whoring  ;D . AJ hasn't been around in quite some time, you can check on the members drop down menu header near the top of the home page.

• drago6650

:welcome:

WHAT? ? ? ? ? ?
I'm not allowed to the building/upgrading section?! AAAARGGGHHH

Just kidding. A joke for those that remember what a post whore I was in the specific section (in Demonoid).
Many thanks to everyone for the welcome.

• Bazzdude

Most people are novices when it comes to post whoring  ;D

+1 :13:

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
hey there!

oh la la di da …

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Re: Hi from CADguru
Reply #12: May 24, 2013, 04:22:11 PM Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:25:58 PM by busterone™
WHAT? ? ? ? ? ?

Just kidding. A joke for those that remember what a post whore I was in the specific section (in Demonoid).
LOL, I do remember you in that section!  We don't have a very large one these days, but maybe it will grow.  The only board for computer stuff should be available to you. Look in Puter stuff   http://www.thedemonsden.com/index.php?board=14.0
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
WHAT? ? ? ? ? ?

Most of the technical stuff around here surrounds which PC/registry fixer/booster/cleaner/speeder upper to use and where it's available for free  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Hi CADguru, glad you made it here. Yeah, I was wondering about ajones too. There are some others you'll recognize.

We don't have ~7 million members here and there aren't many gamers. :P  Your favorite board, and mine, is pretty dead. I learned a lot from you and DvsDmn. I miss the steady stream of people needing help with their computers.

Anyway, welcome to The Demons Den.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Most of the technical stuff around here surrounds which PC/registry fixer/booster/cleaner/speeder upper to use and where it's available for free  ;D
you may as well just said townie Al  ;D
Hi CADguru, glad you made it here. Yeah, I was wondering about ajones too. There are some others you'll recognize.

We don't have ~7 million members here and there aren't many gamers. :P  Your favorite board, and mine, is pretty dead. I learned a lot from you and DvsDmn. I miss the steady stream of people needing help with their computers.

Anyway, welcome to The Demons Den.
i didn't know you were bored BB, i could have thrown a few at you  ;D

Yeah, probably a matter of numbers. D forum had the advantage of the huge tracker. Many of the users of the main site would come to forum for help.

Just before D went down, I was going to look through my posts there and keep a backup of some "unique" stuff I posted in help section, like the analysis why a reasonably priced high efficiency PSU is cheaper (in the long run) compared to a cheapo PSU. These posts were written from scratch and required some good effort, unlike most of my posts that were "I suggest this CPU" or "pick that VGA".
Well, D went down before I was able to do that. :(
I really hope Um has a backup somewhere that is going to resurface or I'm going to be really really mad at him!  :P

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: Hi from CADguru
Reply #17: May 25, 2013, 06:09:56 AM Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 07:20:38 AM by brickbatz
OK... power supply, I have a problem with mine. I posted it in Help

• drago6650

Townie should be able to keep you going with problems......... :)

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
The real problem is what to do with all of this overpriced equipment, I try to unload it on kijiji for swap of drives and/or dollars, but not many people seem to be very interested in high end parts these days.

I believe the entire industry is moving in a different direction, mobility is a big asset.

The program I need to work today is Final Cut Pro. Of all the time and money invested in PC's my fate resides in a mac only app  :(