Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Hi from CADguru (Read 3785 times)

The industry is in a very "liquid" form lately. Some "prophets" spoke about the end days of PCs. Hmmm...
Mobile is not a bubble, it's here to stay. A big asset as you say. But I think it's over-hyped for the moment. It is greatly pushed by marketing.

As for Macs, they are PCs too! but you know that. :P But I totally understand your "frustration" or how you call it. I would feel the same.
I'm sure it's definitely not something you can't handle.  :)

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
The current machine we are using in our video editing shop is a 27" iMac, 3.4Ghz i7, 32GB RAM, GTX680MX, and even with all that memory the video project can take some time to render. We can use Final Cut Pro on a MacBook Pro, but the results are slower still.

Not overly upset about it, but when you spend sooo much time learning Windows and 'nix a curve ball comes your way and you end up being a novice all over again.

PC's are from earth, Macs are from venus  ;D

That's where comes into play a Mac Pro with dual 6-core cpus and the ability for even more RAM. Quite an investment though. Depending on the workload it might worth it.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
That's where comes into play a Mac Pro with dual 6-core cpus and the ability for even more RAM. Quite an investment though. Depending on the workload it might worth it.

The iMac was about $3000 and it belongs to the Church, I doubt their budget can extend much more  :D

Very stable and consistent machine though, new territory for me.

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Hi CADguru.

Welcome to the Den. :)

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030: