Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Cyberghost VPN $7/year (Read 5074 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
a special,  Cyberghost is usually VERY expensive. apparently torrenting is allowed, just not on U.S. servers, and apparently you can bank serial numbers, i bought 2 to cover me for 2 years at this price, even though i already have ibVPN (which also allows torrenting).
https://store.cyberghostvpn.com/848/?scope=checkout&cart=136140&x-parameter=NewsletterENLaunchCG5_1013Inactive5&piwik_campaign=Newsletter&piwik_kwd=NewsletterENLaunchCG5_1013Inactive5&currency=USD

• drago6650

There are so many VPN's which is the best for anonymity, and why do you use a seedbox as well as a VPN.... ???. I am definitely looking to go down this route so any advice would be welcome..... :)

• Bazzdude

I used a VPN for a while - got banned from a couple of sites  ;D

• drago6650

Why....... ???

• Bazzdude

one didn't allow US IPs

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Couldn't you have used a different IP location?

I've only ever used the free VPN's, and never for torrenting but from what I remember it is recommended NOT to use a country where it is illegal to D/L copyrighted material.

• Bazzdude

Couldn't you have used a different IP location?

didn't realise until after the ban  - got reinstated though :)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
VPN for public sites (for anonymity), seedbox for private sites (easy to maintain ratio). my main VPN is ibVPN, which i thoroughly researched, no logs kept, no activity monitored, i'll be signing up for my 3rd year with them next month. if anyone wants info on my seedbox let me know (2 years with them).

• Bazzdude

easy to maintain ratio

easy with 120 meg broadband :D

Uploaded almost 6TB of ONE torrent at Torrentday :D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
seedbox also makes you anonymous, and doesn't slowdown my net or computer, plus don't have to leave it on. i could get fibre op, 100 up, 100 down, but costs a fortune, i'm happy with 20 down, 1 up and unlimited. for $5 more/month i could get 30 down and 5 up, but it's capped (i think it's at 500 GB/month, but i'm not sure.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
I'm just going to get the Teksavvy Cable20 deal, $39.95 with a 150GB limit...3 or 4 times more than I need.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
after checking their website, i was wrong, it was 30 Mbps down, and 3 Mbps up, 250 GB cap, but they've changed it to 40 down and 4 up, 250 cap, for an extra $10/month, but that would break the magical $100/month mark, currently paying $84/month for net and home phone (+ tax = $97), and right now i'm unlimited use.

• Bazzdude

120 down - 8 up (no limits)  plus landline and 150+ TV channels - £50 a month ($80 or 84CAD)

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
I did pay $100/month for my connection alone, times are changing and it's no longer a requirement for myself so I've chosen to cut costs.

Recently there has been at best one good movie per month; watching every new release had become unproductive and quite honestly boring  :sleepy:

I read Max's reviews, especially of older movies since my experience has been (for the last decade or more) that I'm more entertained by an epic movie I've already seen than a grasp at entertaining me by the Hollywood of today and their new movies.

So bandwidth is non-essential to me now, I haven't D/L a movie in months.

• Bazzdude

I read Max's reviews, especially of older movies since my experience has been (for the last decade or more) that I'm more entertained by an epic movie I've already seen than a grasp at entertaining me by the Hollywood of today and their new movies.

Agree with that - I've downloaded 70 films released in 2013 so far - only 7 have an IMDB rating of 7 or more (highest 7.4) and we know that newer films have a skewed rating for a couple of years because some muppet will watch a film and give it a 10 when in reality it will be a 6 when the ratings have settled down and are more in perspective (e.g. Gravity - not even released on DVD and is apparently the 49th best film in history  ::) - on a par with Citizen Kane and Vertigo :D) so for 90% of this years films (of those I've downloaded) to have an inflated rating of less than 7 shows that it has been a poor year for films (again) - in comparison I have hundreds from the 40s and 50s that are rated at over 7.8 - proper stories, proper directors and proper actors  :)

• drago6650

Went to see Gravity while I was in Bahrain..........totally bored, although everyone else enjoyed it

• Bazzdude

Went to see Gravity while I was in Bahrain..........totally bored, although everyone else enjoyed it

I bet they gave it 10 on IMDB  ;D

• drago6650

I see bitsnoop has now been blocked by Virgin

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
that's why i thought this Cyberghost deal might be good, i noticed from chatter that the UK is blocking a lot of torrent/streaming sites with more to come.

• drago6650

Are different VPN,s better depending which country you are from