Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

I think my internet company really wants me to upgrade. (Read 1881 times)

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
I think my internet company really wants me to upgrade.
I refuse to even though its slow for streaming stuff and sometimes my netflix movies/shows will stutter uncontrollable.  They are continuously sending out promos. some were even tempting but I wont budge. we only pay 20 bucks  for internet and I imagine if I upgrade to their "Better and faster" service I'm looking at 30 bucks or more.

oh la la di da …

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: I think my internet company really wants me to upgrade.
My ISP keeps trying me to upgrade to speeds I'm already getting because they don't have the package I pay for anymore and I've been automatically been upgraded. ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
    • Male
You people are very lucky there to pay $30 for internet. I recently changed ISPs to save $25 a month and Im still paying $90 a month for a DL speed of 6MBs.

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
that sucks smartpartrol usually that is the cost of a whole internet phone and tv package here before taxes

oh la la di da …

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Yep I know Mischca but the trouble is most people here dont thats why companies are getting away with it. Most people here look at a few web pages an email or shop online and think theyre using the internet. Most people here shouldnt be allowed within a metere of a computer

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
They all do it.

Usually ends up costing more for things you don't want.

My mobile (cell in your language ;D) bill is about 5  - 6 dollars a month.

Pick yourselves up off the floor. ;D

They are always trying to get me off my plan.

I just pay for calls.

Sure they are a little bit dearer but as I am not much of a phone person, home or mobile, I don't care. :)

The phone is hardly ever on and I don't even know the number.:)

Now if you are talking internet connections that's a different matter. :098:

Haha SP Are you holding your breath for NBN? ;D

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
We have been plagued with monopolies here where when you lived in a certain geographical area THIS was your ISP and no other choice was available. We liked it or lumped it. Now we have some competition, funny how another company can offer the same service for 1/2 the price and still be profitable.

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
We have Time Warner cable, and I have to admit that they are always up, no lags or downtime. Only once in the last year, but that was during an ice storm where trees feel on main lines and ripped them off the poles. Unfortunately, they have been charging me 39.95 a month, but have been advertising on TV a new price- 14.95 a month. They say it is NOT an introductory only price, and that no long term contract is required.  When I called to get mine lowered, they refused, even though the ads say different. I contacted the Consumer Protection Agency and filed a complaint with the local Better Business Bureau. I seriously doubt it will go anywhere, but I let them have a piece of my mind anyway.  ;D
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
buster if you can get a print out of the ad that may help. youwill have to stay on top of it if you want anything done. Maybe contact corp side directly. I've gotten a faster/better response that way.

oh la la di da …

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
mine, with all the extra communication taxes, etc. totals $101/month for home phone with all features and unlimited bandwidth with 20 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up, they try to entice me occasionally to upgrade to much faster speeds for an extra $10/month, but they have caps, i'd rather have unlimited, and 20 down (consistently) is plenty fast for me, no lagging, buffering, etc. while streaming.
here's a little tip, most of these companies have a Retention Department they will switch you to if you threaten to leave and go with another company, and they will offer you some really good deals to stay.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
I took the opposite, a fast connection with not much capacity (175GB), so far I doubt I've hit even 75GB.

Don't game much anymore.

Great freeware/opensource solutions to most apps

Literally bored with the new release movies coming out these days.

• Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Ours costs about AUS$100 per month  200GB down/up capacity and much slower than the rest of the world. :(

Literally bored with the new release movies coming out these days.

:iagree: there is nothing I would pay to go and see.

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Annee Im with Iprimus $90 a month unlimited internet free calls within australia and to 14 overseas countries. I can get the NBN I believ but not for the prices I want. I generally use aTB of data a minth my PC is never of and Im collecting a lot of old stuff before it dissapears atm getting all seasons of Hogans heroes and nest Ill be getting I dream of jeannie

And after readiong your last comment i dont even have to ask who your with those rip of bastards telstra :)

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
Grand Budapest hotel is pretty gooood. just saw it tonight.

oh la la di da …

• Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Annee Im with Iprimus $90 a month unlimited internet free calls within australia and to 14 overseas countries. I can get the NBN I believ but not for the prices I want. I generally use aTB of data a minth my PC is never of and Im collecting a lot of old stuff before it dissapears atm getting all seasons of Hogans heroes and nest Ill be getting I dream of jeannie

I have those two and more.

And after readiong your last comment i dont even have to ask who your with those rip of bastards telstra :)

:098: