Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

My new build (Read 8199 times)

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: My new build
Reply #60: November 06, 2015, 10:09:00 PM Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 10:48:00 PM by CdnGhost
Model Number: PAV70
DC Rating: 19 Volts @ 2.15 Amperes

Aspire one  D255E-13248
MFG Date: 1012
(I would assume they mean October 2012)
S/N: LUSEV0D2740511355B1601
SNID: 05107919516

Reloaded with: Windows 7 Starter
CPU: Intel Atom
(Given my druthers, I'd rather have Windows XP Pro + SP3 (64-bit) cuz that's the only system that my AutoCAD 2007 Package runs on.  Besides, it's a "not bad" OS.

Fortunately it's got two USB Ports because it doesn't have a CD-RW.  The Port's there but there's nobody home.  It's also got full Audio Porting and an Ethernet T-100 Port.

Until I've begun receiving my GIS, money will continue to be a problem.

The Henson Trust Fund, which my late Mother set up for me, will be exhausted of funds before its "Expiration Date" of 4 February 2022.

Fortunately, the guy that owes me all that (lovely) money will have to come to Barrie to defend himself.  The longer he takes to get up here (he's currently in Boston MA), the more he'll owe me.

That Promissory Note was set up as follows:
18.75% Interest per Annum.
Interest calculated daily.
Principal compounded every 30 days.

As you can see, the "Daily Interest" will change depending upon the length of the year.

However, in the interests of saving the guy some money, I conducted the 1,461 Double-Precision-Calculations (16 Significant Digits) two ways:

{1} Leap Year, Common Year, Common Year, Common Year, etc.

{2} Since the years between 1900 and 2100, i.e., 1901 to 2099, follow the 28-Year Julian Calendar Sequence, because 2000 is the 2nd Leap Century Year, I could recalculate on the assumption that each year was 365.25 days long.

(Because of the way it's set up, the cycle repeats every 40 years.  Determining the Dates for each 30-Day Interval was easy.  I simply made two "Binumerical Calendars" which have the "Day of the Month" placed over the "Day of the Year".  They're handy and take no notice of the Day of the Week.)

It's up to him to choose which "Calculation Method" he wants to be accepted in Court...assuming it comes to that.

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
From the AutoCad website:
Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of AutoCAD® 2010 and AutoCAD® LT® 2010 are compatible with and supported on Microsoft Windows® 7.

Autodesk does not officially support 2009 and older versions of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT on Windows 7. If you choose to run older versions of AutoCAD on the Windows 7 operating system, you may opt to use Windows compatibility mode.

I would try to install in Compatibility Mode for XP or Vista. If you have an older application for Windows XP or Vista that doesn't run in Windows 7, you may be able to get it working properly by running the program in compatibility mode.

1. To begin, find the application or shortcut that is causing the problem, then right click on it and select Properties.
2. Then, select Compatibility from the tabbed menu at the top of the properties page:
3. Now, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for..." box and select the OS you wish to emulate. For most applications, it will be Windows XP SP2. Once you are done, click OK.
4. When you next launch the application it should run under compatibility mode using the OS you selected. If it still fails to run correctly, try another OS selection in step 3 and try again.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
The PSU and the cables are fine. It's just not enough (550W) to power the new card. It's going back into my old PC along with the ATI 7870. The EVGA PSU is 750W.

Does that PSU come with 2 x 8 pin PCI connectors?

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: My new build
Reply #63: November 07, 2015, 08:18:50 PM Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 09:15:57 PM by brickbatz
4 x 6 + 2 Pin PCI-E connectors

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438017

10 yr Warranty