Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Happy being born day Townie (Read 4765 times)

• Wand Holder
  • Have you picked it yet?
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Female
Happy being born day Townie
OP: May 04, 2015, 06:56:57 AM Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:01:38 AM by annee
 Happy Birthday dear townie

Happy Birthday to you.

( you will have to imagine the image as I can't get it into the post. ;D)

May you have many happy returns.

PS It may be a few hours early but I have to go to bed - early shift tomorrow :(

:d030:  We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.   :d030:

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Re: Happy being born day Townie
Reply #1: May 04, 2015, 11:47:50 AM Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:52:49 AM by townie2
actually, no, it's 9 am here (when it was posted)  :)  Thanks Annie ♥

• Wand Holder
  • Devil dog with smile
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
Happy Birthday very young man.  :P 
I hope you have had a great day.  Have a beer!   fjy
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.   :P

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Thanks Buster..... though i don't feel very young  ;D

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
We never feel "very young", townie, except when we were.  And even then age didn't matter.  Where our next meal was coming from, mattered.

Happy Birthday Anniversary, townie.

Think how thankful your mother is that you're not celebrating your "Birth Day".  She made it through the first one.  This one, she wouldn't.  :D

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Forgot to mention something, townie.

Your Birthday Anniversary falls one day before the Only "Magic Day" in a 365 Day Year and doesn't occur in a Leap Year, at all.

May 5th is the: 5th Day of the 5th Month and the 125th Day of the Year.  Unfortunately it misses being the 25th Week by ~5 Weeks.

You can't have everything work out mathematically for one day.

I personally know one "Person" who was born on this day.

His name is Rowdy and he's a dog of questionable breed.  But then, aren't we all?

March 14 is also a "Magic Day".

In the year 4 B.C., Jesus of Nazareth was born on March 14th; the first "Pi Day" of any significance.  You can't get much more "Magic" than that.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
thanks CG, but on the other hand, it does mean something special when someone says "May the Fourth be With You"  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Happy belated Birthday townie, hope your day was great and all the best in the year to come.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
thanks CG, but on the other hand, it does mean something special when someone says "May the Fourth be With You"  ;D

Matter of fact, Mr. Lucas, it does.

It means that for another week, I've done the impossible.  I've saved two 1600 x 1600 jpeg images and two 1600 x 1600 pdf images spot on zero seconds.

(Check out the Saving Times)

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Reply #9: May 05, 2015, 02:27:00 PM Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:38:00 PM by CdnGhost
If you'd like to see the images, themselves, that's possible.  Might take two posts but it's possible.

Your call, "Birthday Boy".

Remember that they're not "Snap Shots" that were taken yesterday.  They're two Composite   *.jpeg  Images of the Arctic that span the Period between: April 28, 2015 @ 00:00:00 UTC and May 4, 2015 @ 00.00.00 UTC.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Why doesn't he just look at them himself instead of going through all that trouble? Biggest one is only 8000kb, took 5 seconds to load.

http://iceweb1.cis.ec.gc.ca/Prod20/page2.xhtml?CanID=10110&lang=en

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Thanks Al  :)
oh, and you're right CG, can't see a Doc saying to my mother "congratulations, it's a bouncing 230 pound boy"  :o ;D

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Why doesn't he just look at them himself instead of going through all that trouble? Biggest one is only 8000kb, took 5 seconds to load.

http://iceweb1.cis.ec.gc.ca/Prod20/page2.xhtml?CanID=10110&lang=en

Why?

Because those images, and all of the Canadian Ice Service, has never been available to the General Public before yesterday.

Since January 2003, CIS has been available by Subscription Only: requiring both a Username and Password.

I joined the Canadian Ice Service on 19 March 2003 and to get anything out of the Active Imagery, or the Archived Imagery which (in some cases) goes back to September 2000, I still need my Username and Password and still have to Renew my Registration each May.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male

Because those images, and all of the Canadian Ice Service, has never been available to the General Public before yesterday.

The archives date back much further than yesterday.

Easy enough to find, why would Environment Canada take images and not share them with the general public? Makes no sense.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
That's the point.  Or, at least, part of it.

In spite of what each page indicates, the Canadian Ice Service isn't governed by Environment Canada (which is good).

Environment Canada is finding all kinds of "Security Breeches", these days, and is hiding imagery left, right and center.  Personally, I think they're paranoid.  But since when did a Government-Funded Agency ever behave normally (whatever that word means)?

Question:
How are you accessing the Archives?

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
the way the Russians keep "probing" the Canadian Arctic with submarines and icebreakers i don't blame them for hiding ice reports, let the Russians find them the hard way.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
the way the Russians keep "probing" the Canadian Arctic with submarines and icebreakers i don't blame them for hiding ice reports, let the Russians find them the hard way.

The World in indebted to the Russians, townie.  Had it not been for their "Manned Ice Research Laboratory" (which is roughly what the Russian Name translated into English meant), first deployed in September 2009, for two-year stay in the Arctic Ice, and monitored by the International Arctic Buoy Program, we wouldn't know half as much about the Arctic as we do now.

Would that my memory were better than it is, for I know that I daily monitored the position and status of that eight member crew (four males and four females) during their Two Year Stay, floating through the Arctic Ice, but it's not and I don't have the data handy as it's on one-of-five HDD's that need to have their backboards replaced by Data Pro Labs.

Googling "International Arctic Buoy Program" might yield you some data.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Reply #18: May 08, 2015, 04:57:00 AM Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 05:20:00 AM by CdnGhost
The Manned Laboratory Program was terminated, after four years in the Arctic, for the usual reason: The Operating Costs were too high.  Considering what happened the following year, they got lucky.

The following year, five previously unknown volcanoes on the Arctic Sea Floor simultaneously erupted and briefly stood a 200-mile diameter Ice Disk on edge.  The Laboratory was designed to operate at Sea Level...not in Hard Vacuum (Earth's atmosphere is only 100 miles thick).

I noticed the eruption because I was tracking an object on the Arctic Sea Floor and could suddenly see all of the Sea Floor with no water.  That ain't supposed to be possible.

Oh well, I can always fall back on the (unpublished) definition of Eternity:

"That length of time necessary for everything to have happened at least once."

• rawraaahh!
  • Spruce
Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!

oh la la di da …