Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

does your VPN "leak"? (Read 4306 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
does your VPN "leak"?
you may not be as safe as you think using your VPN, take this test and find out (mine leaks)  :P
https://www.doileak.com/

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Re: does your VPN "leak"?
I don't have one anymore but if your's does, then mine did  ;D

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
apparently there is a Chrome addon or something like that that fixes it (for Chrome), haven't looked into it yet but will.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
I'm running Chrome, too, but haven't got a clue what "VPN" stands for.  Any chance it stands for "Very Pluristic Network"?

Pity "Maddening" doesn't start with a "P"!

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
VERY basically CG, a VPN (Virtual Private Network) is when you route your computer (IP) through another companies computer system or server (usually a paid service) so that their IP shows instead of yours, so if anyone tries to track you by your IP it just leads back to the VPN company, who generally don't keep logs of your activity or real IP, so their search stops there and your real identity is safe.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Thanks townie.  In a way, I'm glad I don't use one because there's one particular person I want to find me.  Of the remainder of the world's population, I don't really care if they know where I am or not.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
a lot of people use them for downloading movies CG, can't be tracked to you for copyright violation, or on public wifi area's like malls, coffee shops, etc.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
thanks ProgRocker, very handy (and eye opening) for comparing VPN's.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
a lot of people use them for downloading movies CG, can't be tracked to you for copyright violation, or on public wifi area's like malls, coffee shops, etc.

Let me see if I've got this straight.

You can download, and retain on your Hard Drive, quite literally anything without encountering "Copyright Infringement"....not that I'm against Copyright as for myself it's a necessity of "Future Income" a.k.a. Royalties.

However, are you also able to Burn to CD and/or DVD that which you have downloaded?  If your reply is in the affirmative, may I place a Request?

If you can find them, I would much appreciate:

- Dvorak's "New World Symphony" but only the Third Movement of that Symphony.

I had had the entire Symphony, as presented by "The Symphony That Wouldn't Die" (so named because the Conductor was deceased) on an early 33-1/3 Clay Record which I hope still exists.  Don't bother to Google it; even Google doesn't have it.

- Ed Ames rendition of, "The Color of Snow" which was only found on his album, "The Best of Ed Ames", released in 1966 (I think).

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
i'll see what i can do CG, doesn't look good if it's not even listed on Google, but i am on a music only private site, if anyone has it they would, i'll take a look and get back to you.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
How about Dvorak's Symphony No. 9, a.k.a. "New World Symphony" by *any* Orchestra?

I know for a fact that Ed Ames, "The Color of Snow" is available on You-Tube.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
good news and bad news CG, i can't find The Symphony That Wouldn't Die version, nor The Best of Ed Ames, but there are versions of New World Symphony from orchestra's practically world-wide, from the '50's to 2000+

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
CG? any preference?

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Any of the other versions of the "New World Symphony" would do nicely.

How about this as a second one: Meatloaf "Bat Out of Hell".  The CD I've got is pretty much toast.

RE: Ed Ames, I've got a Disk Jockey friend (who's slightly younger than I am but he's got himself 6 Grandchildren) by the name of Martin F. Reid but I know him as "Muffer".  If anyone can get Ed Ames' Album, "The Best of Ed Ames" (released in the 1960's) preferably on Cassette, Muffer can; at no cost to me.

I'll be back later.  I'm presently Dueling with someone who's done something impossible.  He's showing an "Out of Bank" Balance of $ - 680,509,913 and has been all day.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
i move the topic CG.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Reply #16: April 17, 2016, 11:22:00 AM Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 11:30:26 AM by CdnGhost
In spite of my "Lack of Outsight", I noticed.

(click to show/hide)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
well, due to the way the topic was heading........  ;)

• Awesomeness-tioning
  • For My Joanne Always & Forever In Our Hearts xxxxx
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • My Deviantart - Profile
    • Male
Have never used one, or ever will cause....
I don't give a shit lol

For My Mum R.I.P.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is when you route your computer (Internet Passport) through another company's computer system or server (usually a paid service) so that their IP shows instead of yours.  So if anyone tries to track you by your IP it just leads back to the VPN company, who generally don't keep logs of your activity or real IP, so their search stops there and your real identity is safe.

True, townie, but what you didn't mention is that even with a VPN, Hackers can intercept, and interpret, your keystrokes and figure out: where you're going, what you've  done and what you've said (which can include your Login and Password).

There are ways around all of that.  I've been a Hacker and ought to know.  Though I'm not one anymore, I haven't forgotten the ways around what a Hacker can do.  Armed  with that knowledge, for a completely different reason than the above author, I, too, have no intention of installing a VPN....if for no other reason than the fact that I can't afford one.

ADDENDUM

In order to get my Wife a raise in pay and position, I Hacked the Prince Hotel Chain of Hotels Mainframe and wouldn't let them have their Mainframe back until they gave my Wife what I wanted, in writing of course.

Needless to say, I've been banned for life from the Prince Hotel Chain of Hotels. Big Fat Hairy Deal!  They're too damned expensive.

From that day forward, my Police Constable Wife and I stayed at Holiday Inns until the wheels fell off and we were forced to Separate for Economic Reasons.