Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Happy Birthday Kali!! (Read 3474 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
Happy Birthday Kali! hope you're having a great day (and you got your computers straightened out  :):08: :1rij:

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Happy Birthday Kali :happybirthday3:

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Happy Birthday Kali, hope your day is awesome!

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Happy Birthday Kali, hope your day is awesome!

"awesome" doesn't begin to describe the state she's in.

kali has been in hospital.  She's also changed her Geographical Address and Timezone.

I last heard from her on Tuesday, August 2nd.

That's all I can safely tell you.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
hope she gets better soon, give her my best.

• Awesomeness-tioning
  • For My Joanne Always & Forever In Our Hearts xxxxx
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • My Deviantart - Profile
    • Male
Happy Belated What T2 Said :)

For My Mum R.I.P.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
As soon as kali gives me leave to pass on more information, I will do so.

I've known that lady for almost 14 years (she's my Legal Next of Kin) and if I say anything that she doesn't want said, my name is "Mud".   :-X

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: Happy Birthday Kali!!
Reply #7: August 20, 2016, 07:29:06 AM Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:39:26 AM by CdnGhost
Soon after kali made her last Post she slipped and fell on her Glazed Ceramic Tiled Kitchen Floor.  *That* fall fractured her Left Femur and Tibia, just above the Ankle.

After calling 9-1-1 and being rushed to the "Not for Free" Hospital, she found herself wearing a Fibreglass Cast which extended from her Ankle to just below her Knee.  Needless to say, kali couldn't bend her Left Leg...at all (I'd like to teach that Jerk how to put on a Proper Cast!  Idiot!).  They also gave her a Pair of Crutches and presumed that she knew how to use them (Legal Axiom: Never presume facts not in evidence.).  kali didn't have a clue how to use them.

Upon returning Home, kali decided to get something to eat.  Walking Tripod-Fashion, kali made her way to the Kitchen where, upon arriving, she slipped and fell again.  *This time* the damage was far more extensive: not only did she re-fracture her Femur and Tibia, she also fractured virtually every bone in her Left Ankle as well as breaking her Glasses.

In unbelievable PAIN, kali managed to drag herself blindly to her Cell Phone where she called 9-1-1 for the second time, that night.  At the same Hospital they immobilized her Ankle and Leg and told her she'd need surgery to put her Leg back together (Cost so far: $2,800 USD).  They also repaired her Glasses...for free.

Upon returning Home, kali called Jeff Abrmovich (a Computer Guru, if ever there was one) to ferry her to the Community Hospital as soon as possible (If ever there was ever a place that needed American OHIP, Texas is that place!).  Though kali isn't usually a Morning-Person, she was ready to go as soon as Jeff arrived.

One Week later, kali's Left Leg and Ankle were reassembled with: Screws, Pins and Metal Plates all encased in a Proper Fibreglass Cast.  There was, however, one small problem: she couldn't drive her Truck.

(She calls her Vintage Ford Explorer a Car; I call it a Truck!)

Her younger brother, Jeffer, arrived the same day and arranged to move kali, her Computer and a few essentials (Clothes and Medications (some shipped from another Country)) and move her to his home in the Northern US.  I'm not allowed to say where.

She's got a Walker, now, but Jefffer's House is elevated and Walkers can't climb stairs.  kali climbs stairs on her Butt while pulling her Walker up one step at a time.

Using the Facilities is an Adventure.  The Walker won't go through the Doorway no matter which she turns it.  Butt-Time.

Her Computer won't recognize her *NEW* Flatscreen and her Monitor's still in Texas.  It doesn't matter.  Jeffer's House is wired for WiFi not Cable.  Gina (Jeffer's wife) has told kali that a Cable can be run under the House but without her Monitor (which is still in Texas), there ain't no rush.

When there's more News (that she'll allow me to pass on) I'll post it.

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
poor Kali, certainly a run of bad luck, give her my best for a speedy recovery.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Kali's Computer is up and running, as is her Non-Flatscreen Monitor, but the same cannot be said for Kali, herself.

'Twould appear that the damage which she did to her leg is going to take far longer, than she anticipated, to heal.  Part of that is the undeniable fact that Kali's a Lazy Lady who really objects to her brother's insistence that the inside of his house is a "Limited Drinking, Non-Smoking Area".  I agree with the guy on the former but disagree with the latter.  My Roommate thinks like her brother but can't overrule me because he's not registered at City Hall as, "Head of This Household" which I am.

Other than her busticated leg, Kali's main problem is Wooster, Ohio's Weather.  She's freezing her (positively scrumptious) Can off due to Daytime Highs of 60+°F and Overnight Lows of 40 or so.

What she really wants, at the moment, is a Government-Subsidized Apartment of her own and for Yours Truly to drive down and visit with her.  She's on her own for the former and the latter is doable.

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
good to hear she is on the mend, bummer taking longer then expected

question -  do you by chance know DarkSkyWise back from the MSN days? He helped create this place but hasnt been heard from in quite a very long time. Didnt know if Kali might be in contact with him.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
As far as Kali and I know, DarkSkyWise is deceased.

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
wow, sad news. how long ago did it happen?

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
wow, sad news. how long ago did it happen?

Last i saw from him on his blog and FB page was August 2012, he had been saying he was sick and had been receiving various treatments.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Last i saw from him on his blog and FB page was August 2012, he had been saying he was sick and had been receiving various treatments.

That's true.  Kali was a long-time friend of DarkSkyWise, and his wife (whose name I never knew).  Kali advised him to accept my Facebook "Friend Request" which he did.

I'd heard of the Man from Holland and for a short time got to know him.  Unfortunately I didn't save those conversations (who does?!)(we all presume that our Friends will live as long as we have, when the truth is: few of them do).

For more information and/or an In-Depth Biography of the Man behind that name, you'll have to wait until Kali finally realizes that the pain she's feeling now ain't gonna go 'way by itself and it's doubtful it ever will.

Insofar as DSW's FB Account and Blog are concerned; they're History, too.  He still shows up on my "Friends List" but only as a Silhouette.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: Happy Birthday Kali!!
Reply #15: October 07, 2016, 09:39:14 AM Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:42:57 AM by CdnGhost
On a lighter note, a mutual Friend of Kali's and mine, Paul H. Tremblay (who lives in Old Montreal), posted the following Puzzler early this morning.

1 + 4 = 5
2 + 5 = 12
3 + 6 = 21

8 + 11 = ?

I don't care that Paul's Homosexual; my first Best Friend, George Joynson, was Homosexual, too, and Fathered two Beautiful Daughters but if Paul ever shows up in Barrie, again, I'll Bronze his Balls for this Puzzler!

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
96  ::)

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
96  ::)

Congratulations Al!
Your measured Intelligence Quotient is above 150.

Here is Paul's Latest IQ Test (Note: Only 3 People, in all of Facebook, solved this Problem.)

8 + 2 = 16106
5 + 4 = 2091
9 + 6 = 54153
7 + 5 = 35122
20 + 3 = 602317
30 + 1 = 303129
18 + 4 = 722214
10 + 5 = 50155

Why are these equations true?

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
This is middle school stuff, very easy and far from highly intelligent material.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Regarding kali's current situation...

1. kali is "Babying" her broken left leg, meaning that if it hurts she won't do anything.  If she keeps doing that, her leg will heal but it'll be a "Dead-Weight" that she has to drag around.

2. kali's still living with her brother in Wooster, OH, and not looking for Subsidized Housing.

3. kali's *new* Computer won't boot up.  Since her brother knows nothing about Computers, likely as not, her new Computer will stay dead.

4. In other news, Paul Henri Tremblay is dying of an Unspecified Type of Cancer and probably won't live to see Groundhog Day 2017.

5. In Closing News, unless someone can find several liters of Salbutamol Sulphate Solution as well as Normal  Saline Solution, I won't live to see New Year's Day 2017.  I don't want to die but I don't seem to have a choice.