Skip navigation Bottom Menu ↓ Menu ↑

Back from that brief outage (Read 2464 times)

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Back from that brief outage
Welcome back everyone  :)

First of two eye surgeries tomorrow, looking very forward to putting away the glasses and being able to see again.

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Re: Back from that brief outage

Hey, I'm not banned. ;D

That will be nice Al.

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
yay, things are working again

good luck on your surgery

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
i was scared it might not come back. you getting that eye laser surgery Al or real cutting surgery, my sister got the laser surgery about 4 years ago and says it was one of the best things she's ever done, no more glasses, and she's had them all her life, quick and painless she said. regardless, good luck tomorrow Al, and yes, good to see everyone again  :)

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Surgery is done and I honestly don't know which procedure was used, I do know I have the upgraded lenses and was told in all likelihood I wouldn't need the glasses anymore. Jules and I were watching the surgeries on youtube a while ago, but those were done with instruments. I have an appointment Tuesday, I'll be sure to ask.
Anyway, got the "big" cool shades now  8)

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
glad to hear it went well and is over, laser one only takes about 5 minutes an eye and they don't put you under, just give you something to relax you, plus it cost something crazy like $2,000 an eye, not covered by Medicare or private health insurance, so you'd know....  ;D . she had to wear the big sunglasses too, mostly lie around, no tv, no reading, no lifting, mostly listened to books and music on her mp3 player for a few days.

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Anyway, got the "big" cool shades now  8)

;D  Still have mine from cataract and glaucoma surgeries.

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
turns out it was an upgrade issue that shut things down

the update to the new php 7 borked things. so Busterone rolled things back till the update is stable.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
turns out it was an upgrade issue that shut things down

the update to the new php 7 borked things. so Busterone rolled things back till the update is stable.

That's good news, happy to still have a home out here in the cold dark internet.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
glad to hear it went well and is over, laser one only takes about 5 minutes an eye and they don't put you under, just give you something to relax you, plus it cost something crazy like $2,000 an eye, not covered by Medicare or private health insurance, so you'd know....  ;D . she had to wear the big sunglasses too, mostly lie around, no tv, no reading, no lifting, mostly listened to books and music on her mp3 player for a few days.

How long ago was that?

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
How long ago was that?
three or four years ago, there were different packages for different prices, she got one with lifetime guarantee, anytime her vision changes she gets it again free, nothing has changed yet, she still hasn't needed glasses since.

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Happy to still have a Home out here in the Cold Dark Internet.

For the first time in a long time, Al, we are in complete agreement.

I really don't know what I'd do without The Demon's Den to come Home to.

It's a pity that there's no Optical Surgical Procedure that can cure Iritis.  Unless my Body can cure the inflammation around my Right Eye's Iris, I shall remain Blind in my Previously Dominant Right Eye.

Though it's a bitch typing anything (glad am I that I had had the foresight to take Bookkeeping and Touch-Typing for four years while attending High School; you wouldn't believe what those "Ladies" would do to cause me to fail (I learned more about Female Anatomy, in that Class, then I later learned while attending the University of Toronto's School of Medicine's Course of Study in Gynecology)) I can still Touch-Type.

Even though I'm reduced to relying upon my hitherto Left Recessive Eye, the Department of Motor Vehicles, for the Province of Ontario, had no qualms about Renewing my "GM Class Driver's License" without a Test due to my Left Eye being able to see 190° when "Normal" is 90°.

Though my 1970 Suzuki T-250-R Motorcycle is  the last such Motorcycle (with the exception of the Dual Exhaust Pipes and Headlight Assembly) 100% of the Parts I still require to complete it's Restoration were still being made up until 1980.

Its "Off Road" Recommended Velocity is 100 mph (161 kph) and "On Road" Velocity is 170 mph (274 kph).  Only my Highly-Modified Plymouth Horizon could move at Velocities greater than those two.

I've said it once and I'll say it again,
I can't write a Short Anything.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
three or four years ago, there were different packages for different prices, she got one with lifetime guarantee, anytime her vision changes she gets it again free, nothing has changed yet, she still hasn't needed glasses since.

Talked to the opthamologist yesterday about the procedure, she informed me that the procedure performed was a combination of Ultrasound and Instrument technologies. From what she has said there is no current benefits to the laser procedure in terms of improved vision for the patient, coupled with the fact that over and above OHIP, the cast is $1000 per eye. A few of the facilities in Toronto have the equipment and are set up to perform the laser eye procedure but it is entirely at the patients request. I'm quite comfortable with the procedure I was given, I'm only 6 days in and my eyesight is excellent already, looking very forward to having the other eye done.

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Had the right eye surgery this morning, all is well thus far, extremely happy to have my vision restored.

Cataract Surgery in 6 minutes Narrated, Dr.Sibley .. www.MarkSibleyMD.com Small | Large

• Mandalorian Protector
  • Wand Holder
  • Sequoia Supreme
    • Male
thanks for the update, and no i didnt watch the video... I got queasy with just looking at the picture...

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme DeLuxe
    • Male
lol, didn't watch it either, but congrats Al, glad everything went well.

• politically incorrect
  • Spruce
    • Male
Glad it all went well Al.

When I had eye surgery they gave me a contact sheet with several pictures like that. <shudders>

• politically incorrect
  • Conservative
  • Sequoia
    • Male
Thanks everyone.

The guy in the video has a couple of decades on me, makes it look even more gruesome  ;D

• MSN Groups Victim
  • Spruce
    • Male
Contrary to everyone else, I did watch the video and was absolutely enthralled.  The precision of the Surgeons was wonderful to observe.

I'm glad that you've had your vision restored, Al.