Welcome Guest - Please login or Register

Author Topic: Why do foreigners get more live games than Brits?  (Read 313 times)

Bazzdude

Why do foreigners get more live games than Brits?
« on: September 26, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 10:46:18 AM by Max »

Offline tjh4384

• Muppet Trainer
  • politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme
  • Curmudgeon
Re: Why do foreigners get more live games than Brits?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 01:19:26 PM »
Monopolies suck should not be allowed--
I get a lot of games on basic cable TV here, Fox Sports has lot of them

Took me awhile to learn how to watch the game and enjoy it, play is very fast, and the players
at that level are so good they almost make it look easy

I am becoming a fan of the game

Offline tjh4384

• Muppet Trainer
  • politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 01:54:52 PM »
When I created my fantasy league team I chose Liverpool to PO a 'toon' fan who I like
to go back an forth with on another forum (really hard on the poor guy now that his team
has been demoted)

But fact is, I really don't have a favorite team, I am still learning to appreciate how to watch the
game

When first started it all looked kind of hectic, guys running around kicking a ball hard  ::)

Had to learn to watch the "edges" of the screen to appreciate the flow of the game, and how
well schooled the top teams are

I have some favorite players, Rooney, Given, Giggs, Baines all come to mind
But have not really settled on a team yet

(guess that is 2 guys on fave list play for Man U huh? Them and Chelsea are the teams
I most like to watch)

Offline 8ullfrog

• politically incorrect
  • Sequoia
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »
Here in the US, if a local game does not sell every seat in the stadium (they don't) the game is "blacked out" on television.

This despite the fact that the city "guarantees" a certain amount of tickets will be sold, and buys them with our tax money.

Or that we just built the never winning baseball team a stadium, that the football team got one ten years ago, and is now threatening to leave unless we build them a stadium, despite the fact that they ALWAYS LOSE.

Sports is a losers game. And sky aren't the only people out to fuck you out of your money.
Most people hold terrible views.  I think it's good to let them express them, in order to reveal who they truly are.

Offline tjh4384

• Muppet Trainer
  • politically incorrect
  • Sequoia Supreme
  • Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »
those two teams are the most successful at the moment for a big reason

not only have they got some great players but are excellent examples of controlling a game through very high teamwork and workrate

you couldn't choose a better couple of teams to emphasise that

Rooney is now my favourite player at United now after Ronaldo left
Giggs is a legend - 700+ appearances for the club - you don't often get loyalty like that in football - he had opportunities to go to Italy and Spain around 10 years ago and stayed

Given is a great keeper - he was excellent against United last week for Man City

BTW did you see the United v City game?  - that is real football - end to end stuff - loads of goals and real passion from the players and the fans 8)

Rooney has a "mean streak" that I kind of like, he plays "intense"
Yes I did see that game  :D
It was high energy on the TV, would have been incredible have been able to see it live

I am going to start going to see the Premier Development League team we have in Des Moines
next season, tickets are reasonable an lot of times you can get them free "here and there"

Team finished in elite 8 last year, should be fun to watch