General Category > Motorcycle/Automobile

...darn, Where's my grip

(1/2) > >>

freedomflight:
...had a spin out this evening. Very cold at the moment and no traction on the icy roads. Idled as aware of the conditions, initiated a slow turn and the back wheel spun and gripped spun and threw me off. Speed was 5 mph max. Landed on back and bike spun slowly around on floor......No damage as bobbins held the bike.

Rather funny as it was a bike meet too.....the lads helped me pick the pick up and a few nods. Good meet though first of year, gasps gallore and ohhhhhhhhhh...... :o

PsPBuRnOuT:
What was it a Push bike :P

No really what kind of bike do you have m8?

Paul

Peace

knownassociate:
So you lost your grip, eh, ff? Sounds like it definitely could have been worse! Luck was with you, as was your common sense! Need for more people that think like you on motorcycles.

Isn't it coming up on time for para-gliding in the south of France? In May, right?

annee:
Glad you are okay FF. :)

Take care.

freedomflight:

--- Quote from: PsPBuRnOuT on March 01, 2010, 08:06:01 PM ---What was it a Push bike :P

No really what kind of bike do you have m8?

Paul

Peace

--- End quote ---

...Haven't pushed it yet; thankfully. As it's quite a heavy weight (200kgs) :D I think there's a pic floating round of it some where here; rsv mille 998cc (fully restored 98 original ) Updated ohlins suspension and Oz ali wheels, mods and engine upgrades all over.

--- Quote from: knownassociate on March 01, 2010, 08:17:00 PM ---So you lost your grip, eh, ff? Sounds like it definitely could have been worse! Luck was with you, as was your common sense! Need for more people that think like you on motorcycles.

Isn't it coming up on time for para-gliding in the south of France? In May, right?

--- End quote ---

I know, thought I take it easy but touched bad tarmac and "nowt could be done" and exceptionally cold tires. Will change over to Bridgestone bx 016's I have see if there a little better, they should be as they warm up faster but no tire does from initial start without tire warmers.

Suppose could have dangled feet touching the tarmac but it felt stable untill... perhaps, so, so. But once the wheel regrips there's a lot of force applied back into the system and trailing legs are not good.

Yup it's the start of the season again very soon....but have the breaks on for flying this year; you know other things. But travelling to Tuscany in 4 weeks to renovate a  small mansion untill we get it done. Will be there for 2/3 weeks. I know working etc so not all cheesy smiles.....but may hire a bike ( Not a push  ;)  ) and see. Plenty of time later once done up. Will post a few picks and video if your lucky ;)

Going to wallop the 3 storey outside in blushed rose pink, typical Fresco style. Will stand out at home in her new blouse. Fresh, silky and warm  :-* Interior is ongoing as usual so plenty of time to smooth her and settle things.

--- Quote from: annee on March 01, 2010, 09:07:12 PM ---Glad you are okay FF. :)

Take care.

--- End quote ---

:) Had a few minor wounds  and ailments to the bike but a doeses of stripping, bodywork and  paint  sorted the job. Love biking it's great fun and certainly keeps you sharp on the risk factor and safety side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version